Graduate School with Water Studies
Date Added: Aug 21st 2012, 10:23
Water Studies is always looking for motivated Masters and PhD level students to join our team. Check out our research pages to get an idea of some of the research areas we focus on and contact us for more information!
ASPIRE-Aquatic Systems Professional training for the Restoration Economy Program
Contact: Dr. Rob Jamieson
Date Added: Jul 20th, 08:48
The development of specific and marketable skills for the restoration economy is central to the ASPIRE program. Trainees aspire to become highly qualified professionals through participation in the six program elements.
· Specialized Graduate Courses
· Restoration field school
· Networking events
· Women in STEM events
Through training modules, specialized graduate courses, and a mandatory industrial internship, the ASPIRE program aims to:
1. Provide theoretical and practical training in the science and engineering of aquatic systems restoration projects;
2. Develop professional skills needed to be successful in the environmental restoration sectors
3. Create networking opportunities between program participants (trainees and faculty) and personnel from industrial, governmental, and non-governmental organizations; and
4. Foster entrepreneurial skills and attitudes in HQP.
With funding from NSERC-CREATE, the ASPIRE program is a training program in which Masters and PhD students at Dalhousie University are encouraged to develop professional skills while contributing to the development of:
1. Treatment technologies for contaminated aquatic environmental media
2. Methods for the restoration of watershed interactions and hydrologic functioning of altered aquatic system
3. Assessment and monitoring tools for disturbed and restored aquatic systems
Upon completion of the ASPIRE program, trainees will have developed advanced technical, leadership, and business skills that are marketable to the restoration sector in Canada and internationally.
The program begins in September 2018-apply to join us today!
For full details, please visit our website: https://www.aspirecreate.org
Postdoctoral Fellow, Civil & Resource Engineering/Centre for Water Resources Studies
Contact: Ms. Tarra Chartrand, email@example.com
Date Added: Sep 20th, 08:22